Drs. Eugene Van Scott and Ruey Yu are co-inventors, with more than 100 U.S. and foreign patents and are authors of numerous journal articles. They wrote the chapter in the definitive textbook for the field of cosmetic dermatology, “Alpha Hydroxy Acids, PolyHydroxy Acids, Lactobionic Acids and Their Topical Application” in the Textbook of Cosmetic Dermatology.
Dr. Eugene J. Van Scott
- Named Master in Dermatology by the American Academy of Dermatology
- Received prestigious Albert Lasker Award for studies in “cutaneous t-cell lymphoma”
- Former Professor of Dermatology Skin & Cancer Hospital Temple University
- Established the Dermatology Branch of National Cancer Institute, Bethesda MD. Served as its Chief for fifteen years.
- Undergraduate, University of Michigan
- B.S. and M.D. degrees, University of Chicago
Dr. Ruey J. Yu, OMD, PhD
- Awarded the first Gold Medal by the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Former Associate Professor Skin & Cancer Hospital, Department of Dermatology, Temple University
- Post-Doctoral fellowship Division of Biosciences, National Research Council of Canada
- Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Ottawa in Canada
- B.S. and M.S. degrees from National Taiwan University
- Received both Japanese and Chinese education
The creators of NeoStrata Company, Inc., Drs. Eugene Van Scott and Ruey Yu are internationally recognized for making the ground breaking discovery that Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) have profound beneficial effects on human skin. They discovered that AHA compounds such as Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid are beneficial both in the treatment of dermatological conditions, encouraging cell turnover, and in stimulating prematurely aged or damaged skin to rejuvenate itself, thereby revolutionizing the treatment of aging skin.